This is our take on America’s most popular beer style. We use a large dose of non-GMO corn from our family’s farm to create this American classic. It’s fermented, conditioned, and lagered in our brewery for a full six weeks for an unbeatable smoothness.
- Alcohol by Volume: 5.0%
- International Bitterness Units: 17
- Color: Yellow (SRM: 3)
- Hops: Magnum, Crystal
- Grain: 2 Row, Champaign County Corn (Riggs Farm), Carafoam
Hefeweizen is the most popular style of the southern German state of Bavaria for good reason. It has a rich banana aroma, but finishes clean, slightly tart, and refreshing. Matt’s favorite beer style is Hefeweizen, which is probably why he took especially good notes on how to make it during his studies.
- Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
- International Bitterness Units: 11
- Color: Gold (SRM: 4)
- Hops: Magnum
- Grain: Pale Wheat, 2 Row, Champaign County Barley Malt (Riggs Farm), Munich
We describe this beer as a “dual citizen” of the US and Germany. Dark German malts are used to create a red color and subtle fruitiness that is unlike any other beer on the market. A healthy dose of American aroma hops accentuate the fruitiness and provide a refined bitterness that will leave you ready for another drink.
- Alcohol by Volume: 6.0%
- International Bitterness Units: 27
- Color: Red (SRM: 13)
- Hops: Magnum, Amarillo, Centennial
- Dry Hops: Amarillo, Centennial
- Grain: Red X, 2 Row
India Pale Lager
In our opinion, the purpose of an American IPA is to showcase its hops. So, as big fans of lager fermentations, we decided to see what would happen if we used a German Lager yeast in an American IPA to create a truly blank canvas for the finest aroma hop varieties to shine through. We think you’ll agree that our IPL allows you to experience hops in a way that IPAs never quite could.
- Alcohol by Volume: 6.2%
- International Bitterness Units: 47
- Color: Gold (SRM: 4)
- Hops: Magnum, Amarillo, Cascade, Centennial, Citra, Columbus
- Dry Hops: Amarillo, Centennial, Chinook, Citra
- Grain: 2 Row, Champaign County Corn (Riggs Farm), CaraHell
Dunkelweizen, Schwarzbier, Black IPL
Periodically, our brewery will release a seasonal offering that will be sure to make local craft beer lovers mark their calendars. Examples include: Weizenbock, Oktoberfest, Munich Helles, Double IPL, German Pilsner, and Doppelbock.